My children have been coming to SportHQ for years. It did not matter if we were coming for a performance training session, futsal league or summer sports day camp, it was always a great experience.
Adult Fitness Programs in Cary, NC
Adult Strength and Conditioning Classes
As we age and are no longer pursuing athleticism and activity at the rate that we were as children, our bodies gradually begin to lose elasticity, mobility, and strength. This leaves us in a place where the desire to engage in intensity and volume for physical activity may be present but the ability has not been nurtured in a way that will allow that to be done safely.
In addition to this, stresses at work and home, years of sitting accumulated at school and on the job, and sedentary hobbies can cause unwanted weight gain, lowered health markers, and an collection of aches and pains. But what has been the standard does not have to be the future. Our bodies are made to move, to engage with the world, and to respond to the stresses of activity and gravity in a way that strengthens and enhances our abilities, healthspans, and possibilities.
We provide adult fitness classes that encourage and guide this change. Our coaches are here to walk with you and support you in community though expertly programmed workouts that challenge physical ability and safely push you toward a healthier and more capable future.
- Every class begins with a 15-20 minute dynamic warm up with an emphasis on restoring range of motion, regaining movement in all planes, and challenging coordination, motor control, and balance.
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays this is followed by a 25-30 minute strength training portion that focuses on loading muscles, joints, and bones at an appropriate rate to allow for intensity without injury.
- These days conclude with 10 minutes of high intensity movement to challenge the lungs and heart as a finisher.
- On Wednesdays and Saturdays we focus on conditioning through high intensity interval type training and longer duration cardio training to develop those energy systems as a part of the whole entity.
- Every class concludes with a 5 minute cool down to restore movement and range of motion before leaving to battle with the stresses of everyday life.
Adult Strength and Conditioning classes meet daily at 7:00am, 9:00am, 12:00pm, and 5:30pm from Monday through Friday and Saturdays at 8:00am. Come try out the first class for free to see how our evidence led and experience driven approach works to exceed expectations and consistently deliver results. Schedule your first free trial class below!