Why Participate in a Futsal League versus an Indoor Soccer League?
- Futsal is the only indoor soccer game sanctioned and approved by FIFA. Why does FIFA sanction futsal and not indoor soccer:
- Futsal promotes quality touches versus hitting off the boards. Futal aids in the development of soccer players in the critical aspects of ball handling and precision passing.
- Futsal is safer, as it is played with out of bounds lines. There is no chance of collision in to the boards.
League and Practice Information
- 8 game futsal league with games being played Friday night, Saturday or Sunday from December 2nd to January 29th. No games the weekends of Christmas or New Year’s.
- Every team can select one bye weekend.
- League play will occur over seven weekends — taking into account the bye weekend means that each team will play a doubleheader at least two weekends!
- Teams will be organized by level. Younger teams are likely to play in coed leagues, older teams will play in boys or girls leagues.
- 8 practices (60 minutes in length) held Monday thru Thursday evening starting
November 21st and ending January 20th. November 14th and ending January 13th. Teams will have a minimum of two practices before their first game! SportHQ coaches will run the practices. No practices will be held the week the Wednesday and Thursday of Thanksgiving week and week of December 26th.
- All action, including practices, will be held indoors!
UPDATE: PRACTICES ARE NOW BEGINNING ON NOVEMBER 14TH TO ALLOW MORE PRACTICE TIME BEFORE THE START OF GAMES
- $1,050 (includes games and weekly practices)
- $800 (games only). This option is only available to teams playing 11 v 11 outside (generally 2005 birth year and older)
(Practice space is limited. 2006 to 2008 teams will be guaranteed practice time. For older teams, practice time will be based on a first come, first serve basis.)
Pay in full today or you can elect to provide a nonrefundable deposit of $350 to hold your spot. If you pay only a deposit, your full payment will be required by Monday, October 31, 2016.
NOVEMBER 7TH UPDATE: